How can I have a slide show on a TV screen?

W

WPCentral Question

How to have a slide show on a TV screen?

I belong to a photography club, we show slides on a TV set, we need to control the slide change manually, with the arrows. Right now is in automatic and we can not use it that way.
thanks

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to have a slide show on a TV screen?

There are multiple ways you can do that.
1) Add a wireless presenter mouse and use it to change slides
2) Pair your smartphone with your PC and use any 3rd-party app to act as 1)
3) Hire someone who can change slides while you present...LOL

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

It would be helpful to know what device you are pairing with the TV and how the pairing is accomplished.

Also what program or app the photos are opened in on the presenter's device.

If you need to add additional information or want to post additional questions, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made.

W

Windows Central Question

Tjis is a follow up from yesterday. The photo club I belong to was using a laptop with Windows 7/

Using the pictures window in Windows 7 we were able to use the slide show to a TV set directly thru a HDMI cable, did not need any other equipment extra. With Windows 10 the slide show works ok, the slides are changed every five to ten seconds. There is no way to change the slide change time neither there is a way to do it manually. I saw another computer in which this procedure works fine but is a machine that was upgraded from W7 to W10. The laptop I have, new one, it has W10 factory installed, new version. May be that is the reason that works OK. I heard in the grapevine that when an upgrade is done from a previous W version, the new version uses parts of the 'older' version existing in the computer. Is that right?
Marco

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Threads Merged.

User... Do not create multiple threads on your issue. It actually works against you as any advice gets scattered around and a coherent conversation cannot develop as easily...

If you need to add additional information or want to post additional questions, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Tjis is a follow up from yesterday. The photo club I belong to was using a laptop with Windows 7

Using the pictures window in Windows 7

Between what you had on 7 and your new computer on 10, the default program used to view photos has likely changed.

Do they look different? Can you confirm that they are the same or different programs used to view the photos?

I assume that now on 10 you are using the new "Photos" App as a default?

You could right click a photo, select "Open With" > "Choose another app" and then check the box for always open with and select an alternate off the list of available apps. This would change your default.

It would be helpful to know what the default used to be under Windows 7. The program or App names of the default pic viewers would be most helpful if you could remember them.

At a guess, it may have been Office Picture Manager on the old computer. That has been deprecated. You can still get a copy of that free from SharePoint Designer '07 available here: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...ad%2Fdetails.aspx%3Fid%3D21581&token=g6IzOGA2 You don't need to install the whole program, use custom install and choose the pieces you need/want.

Again, please do not create more threads, join the site and then you can reply in this thread if needed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos