Changing insider rings

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
So i need this answered very fast. I'm on the slow ring, and i want to change to fast ring. So i went to the insider app, choose get builds, choosen fast ring and now i'm downloading the latest build 10586.
My question is: is it gonna screw up my phone if i upgrade directly from the slow ring (10166 i think) to the latest build?
Can i just upgrade from it (slow ring) to the fast, like i did?
And if the above is negative, does it mean i'll have to hard reset my phone, revert to 8.1 and then upgrade to the latest build? Need answers!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
So i need this answered very fast. I'm on the slow ring, and i want to change to fast ring. So i went to the insider app, choose get builds, choosen fast ring and now i'm downloading the latest build 10586.
My question is: is it gonna screw up my phone if i upgrade directly from the slow ring (10166 i think) to the latest build?
Can i just upgrade from it (slow ring) to the fast, like i did?
And if the above is negative, does it mean i'll have to hard reset my phone, revert to 8.1 and then upgrade to the latest build? Need answers!

Yes, You would be able to upgrade directly from the slow ring build to another if there is a build released to the slow ring.

You may run into the some issues or may not.

Let us know if you have any issues upgrading or after upgrading as I imagine there are going to be some in the same boat as you.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Yes, You would be able to upgrade directly from the slow ring build to another if there is a build released to the slow ring.

You may run into the some issues or may not.

Let us know if you have any issues upgrading or after upgrading as I imagine there are going to be some in the same boat as you.

You didn't quite get me there. I'm not trying to update from one slow ring to another, but from slow ring to fast ring.
Already downloaded the update succesfuly, all that is left is to install it. Now i assume there could be some issues regarding this upgrade since i'm going from the ages old build to the newest one.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
You didn't quite get me there. I'm not trying to update from one slow ring to another, but from slow ring to fast ring.
Already downloaded the update succesfuly, all that is left is to install it. Now i assume there could be some issues regarding this upgrade since i'm going from the ages old build to the newest one.

I did, see my second sentence :).

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Ok i just did it, without any problems. Upgraded from the slow ring to the fast ring without any issues.
Things are a bit different, i'll play with it a bit more after i do the hard reset. But already i can see it's faster.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss