Build 10586.29 .. Battery drain issue

9sag9

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone notice a super decrease in battery life ? .. Battery is going down at super speed... Even in battery saver mode...... Anyone else

Bokisa4444

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
You have a computer inside your pocket. A full fledged, what's the weather, what's the stocks, I'm playing a game, computer, insider your pocket. With that, however, battery tech hasn't improved in the last 25+ years.

Want battery life to get better? Ask God for a new battery tech, please. We've already got billions of dollars and world economies on the edge for this tech.

Now, back to the build. It's a service, that currently you're lucky enough to beta test, and have been for almost a year. Yes, there's bumps and bruises, if you don't want them, go back to 8.1 until the next build comes out and you hear of any issues that may cause harm. Stop rushing into everything Leroy Jenkins style and take a step back to relax.

You do understand that i disabled almost everything in the background, im feeling like i have nokia 3310 as a matter of functionality? So no weather, no games no modern tech apps, dont have facebook, twiter, instagram nothing of that. The only thing that i'm using is viber and 9gag and thats it. And you tell me that is good? Well sorry to disappoint you but you are wrong. And i dont want to go back to 8.0 because it's like going back 10 years into the past. I do understand that it is beta testing and everything and its clearly says that we are going to experience some bugs and crashes, but how will they convince me that is going to be good later if they go back 3 steps and move forward only One? I'm trying to like WP, i'm really do, despite app gap and limited "freedom" but it is hard, really hard, especially that this is my first windows phone and so far experience is terrible. This was the experience of battery drain from 10586.11 just to be clear

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 640 here. No noticeable battery drain so far on mine.

Had a battery drain on last 2 builds. Last build of 10586.11 straightened out after about 48 hours, then all was good.

I'd suggest it is fine to report battery drain with which phone you're using now, then report back after 48 hours or so for us to see if the drain is still happening. Let's say, if the battery drain is still happening on Monday, then we'll know there may be an issue with certain configurations, or it could be with usage of certain apps.

9sag9

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I think it's time to reset... Because in 2hours r so .. Battery 🔋 went down by 30-35% .. Lumia 1320 build 10536.29. ... This build is not good.. Touch issues in EDGE remains ... Huge lack there.. Sometimes touch won't respond in EDGE .. Dunoo why.. Have to lock n unlock device to make it work

srcpt

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Upgraded 640 last night. Disconnected charger at 6:30am. It's now 1:00pm. Battery down to 84%. Light use. No calls. Couple of texts. A Cortana search. Address lookup on maps.

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 830 battery running fine. Let's make note of which phone is being used if we want to find a pattern.

I think there may be some indexing that occurs after update it who knows. But my Lumia 950 xl battery was not so great first day but now it has been fine. Granted it could be better but I can't put it on latest build yet.

same here..I have 2 830's upgraded to new build and neither are showing excessive battery drain.

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Upgraded 640 last night. Disconnected charger at 6:30am. It's now 1:00pm. Battery down to 84%. Light use. No calls. Couple of texts. A Cortana search. Address lookup on maps.

I have a 640 as well. I'm on 8.1 and I'm wondering if I can give it a shot. I want to avoid a hard reset. Should I go for it?

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have a 640 as well. I'm on 8.1 and I'm wondering if I can give it a shot. I want to avoid a hard reset. Should I go for it?

If you want to avoid hard reset, then i would recommend staying on 8.1, 'cause for most of us a hard reset after an upgrade is a must. It really boost ups your phone's performance. Altough you do not have to do it, but sometimes lag just takes over and phone becomes pretty much useless.

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
If you want to avoid hard reset, then i would recommend staying on 8.1, 'cause for most of us a hard reset after an upgrade is a must. It really boost ups your phone's performance. Altough you do not have to do it, but sometimes lag just takes over and phone becomes pretty much useless.
Thanks. Wasn't sure since I saw a lot of good reports, but I understand that the hard reset for these builds is necessary.

Was getting excited though, so crap.

egold70

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
925 updated from 8.1 to 10586.11 no hard reset and no issues, updated this morning to 10586.29 and soft reset
~10 hours of charger 81% battery, some calls, in car Bluetooth and even subway surfers play for 15 min or so
IMO better than previous build

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
925 updated from 8.1 to 10586.11 no hard reset and no issues, updated this morning to 10586.29 and soft reset
~10 hours of charger 81% battery, some calls, in car Bluetooth and even subway surfers play for 15 min or so

Reports are different as i can see. So as the poopyfinger said, we should really start making list of models negativly affected by this build.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if it is a particular app drinking more than its share of the battery. I had a big problem with a "popular" weather app until I got rid of it. But so far on both my phones running this latest build, battery seems fine so far.

ML10

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site

Oh. That changes things drastically

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro