My laptop will not update to Windows 10586

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Got a new Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion 15 Notebook in June. Upgraded to Windows 10 in August without problems. Since then have had issues with programs not running, lost Start menu and search option (a common problem I know). I just worked around them, however now the Bleeping thing won't update to the new build. I have even tried the Media creation tool work around but nothing seems to work. If I go through Settings>updates it goes through the whole rigmarole up to restarting then when I check it's still build 10240. When I tried the Media creation tool work around it went so far then told me that the update had failed. Has anyone had same/similar issues?

Rangan Das

May 1, 2014
Visit site
A workaround is to download the ISO of the edition of Windows 10 you have (Home/Pro/Enterprise), mount the ISO and run the setup. That is a really clean way to get the 10586 build.

Another thing that you can try is to boot into Safe Mode and clear out the contents of the SoftwareDistribution folder. But personally, I'd prefer the former method.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium