Is there a missed call/text reminder available for the Lumina 640 xl?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am looking for a reminder app to let me know when I miss a call or text. My older Samsung Magnet had it. I just upgraded to my first smartphone and I miss this feature. I just this past weekend missed a call from work on Friday and didn't even realize it until Saturday (24 hrs later).. HELP!!!

tomp2016

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, I forgot to sign in when I posted this. I know that the screen will show a missed call or text. But I am not attached to my phone as much as some folks. I am used to leaving it on a counter at home and going about my business. My magnet would sound off every few minutes if I missed a call or text. I should not have to constantly go pick up my phone to "see" if someone called. It seems to be a very basic code that was around for 20 years, now windows drops it off the phone? From what I understand, Android has it, iPhones have it, etc.

Is there an update to fix this coming, or at least an add on appp?

Thanks again, sorry for what may seem like a silly question, but I'm new at smartphones and liked my magnet (but 2g was going away)......

Last edited:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey again, so my brain couldn't quite understand what you were looking for, which is weird since I also had (and loved) this option on my old brick nokia, but after a bit of "consulting" I finally understood what you meant..

The bad news.. The windows phones platform is one of the most secure out there, because apps are sandboxed (which basically means that they live in their own world without much interaction with other apps/neighbors). The downside of this security is that it's hard for developers to break those boundaries and write certain apps (the app you're asking for fall under that impossibility)

Microsoft did state that it was going to allow developers to utilize the led functions of the phones that support it, so that users could be notified of missed notifications, however I haven't seen that in action so far.. We also have the Microsoft Band which could give you the functionality you're looking for, but it also requires bluetooth connection to the phone so it can sync..

At this point we have nothing that can give you the functionality you desire

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon