8.1 to 10 @ 930

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Hi guys,
My primary phone is Lumia 930 with win8.1, and loving it, but I?m hesitating upgrading it to win10. Probably, because of the large text index, and no cartoonish icons. So, the only thing that attracts me to upgrade to win10 is its speed and smooth running. Aside from all the hi-tech features that I might not need, can anybody convince me to upgrade anyway???

Vlatko Stojanovski

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I've been using the Lumia 930 with WM10 for a while now, don't really remember which insider build was the first I installed.

Haven't had any crashes on it. Had to install from WP8.1 many times to fix build issues, but you'll be doing that anyways.

As for the speed and smooth running, I don't think that it's faster than win 8.1, but truth be told, the UI for me is far better than WP8.1 in many regards and I have gotten quite used to this UI and can't really find my way around a WP8.1 phone anymore :D

I am quite satisfied with the 930s performance with WM10.

Keep in mind, that although the 950 is out with a WM10, WM10 is not really a finished product and some hiccups are to be expected.

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I've been using the Lumia 930 with WM10 for a while now, don't really remember which insider build was the first I installed.

Haven't had any crashes on it. Had to install from WP8.1 many times to fix build issues, but you'll be doing that anyways.

As for the speed and smooth running, I don't think that it's faster than win 8.1, but truth be told, the UI for me is far better than WP8.1 in many regards and I have gotten quite used to this UI and can't really find my way around a WP8.1 phone anymore :D

I am quite satisfied with the 930s performance with WM10.

Keep in mind, that although the 950 is out with a WM10, WM10 is not really a finished product and some hiccups are to be expected.

I rolled my 930 back to 8.1. Horrid. Like you I struggled with the lay out of 8.1 after 10. Some people dislike the new UI, but I love it. It seems to make sense and is a more pleasant experience overall. Had some niggles, but managed to sort them after a bit of detective work. Since latest update, it's very stable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs