Why some Lumia apps won't update on Windows 10 Mobile?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I'm using a Lumia 630 Dual Sim with the newest Windows 10 Mobile compilation (586.29). The problem is that I cannot update some of the Lumia apps, namely Help + tips, motion data, touch and rate your device. The error that shows up is similar to the one displayed when trying to install Messenger on a SD card - but the temporary change of the installation destination does not work. I've tried doing a factory reset more than once, and still nothing. Did anyone encounter a similar problem?

Uff182

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I was looking exactly for a discussion like this: I have the very same problem on my 640 XL LTE. I tried to update them one at a time, no lockscreen: they always fail.

mixaogion

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
My wife's 640 had the same problem, too. Temporary change installation location did not help. I ended up having to move those failed to update apps from SD card to internal memory, after that, they updated just fine.
Hope this helps.

Uff182

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
My wife's 640 had the same problem, too. Temporary change installation location did not help. I ended up having to move those failed to update apps from SD card to internal memory, after that, they updated just fine.
Hope this helps.

I've just read this suggestion in the comments of a recent article and it worked. Thanks for the help!

EzraWard

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
This solution also worked for me! I had no idea that those apps could even be installed to an SD card. Must be an issue with older builds of W10M that just happened to carry over since I upgraded the phone instead of doing a clean install.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05