Windows Phone 10 Newbie- Help needed :)

W

WPCentral Question

Okay guys, I am coming from Android and just got a Lumia 950 as a new work phone! Looks pretty cool so far and I am sure I just have to get used to a lot of things now, but I got the following questions that you might be able to quickly answer me.

1.) I imported all of my Outlook 2010 contacts from my Windows Notebook into my people.live.com Account from Microsoft. Now I was hoping to simply be able to sync those to my phone. However, it does not work at all! I have my Microsoft Account added under "Your Email and Accounts" and the Sync Settings are on under "Sync your Settings". Still, my People list is empty and it would be great to get my contacts in for WhatsApp! I also tried to remove my Accounts and readd them to see if that helps, but I can't even find an option to remove Accounts??

2.) Same thing goes to the Calendar. I followed the Microsoft HowTo (kb2459660) and after I set up everything from my Outlook, it states "On your phone, swipe left and tap Settings , tap Email+accounts, then tap-and-hold Microsoft account (or Windows Live) and tap sync." So this should work with the Sync setting I have enabled from 1.) but still, no Calendar shows up.

3.) I have a bunch of PDFs that I would like to open with the pre installed PowerPoint. Instead, the system would only try to open it with Edge as it seems and I can't see an option to use PowerPoint as an default for PDFs - something that would make sense for sure!

4.) In the Facebook Messenger, the font is huge and I cant find an option to change that, neither does it seem to be connected to my Phone Settings. Is there no way to get them smaller?

5.) I know there is a way to Install Android APKs on the Windows Phone 10 using some tools. But do you think at some point in the near future it will be officially supported as well? Since its a workphone, I dont want to root anything and guess for now I have to get used to not having certain apps anymore...

Thats all for now, I might update the thread with some more questions after I had some time to play around with the new phone!

Thanks so much!!

Cheers,
Chris

MrWakett

Dec 11, 2015
Visit site
Fair enough, guess at some point the major apps like nike run will hopefully be availble for windows phone too!

Oh and regarding 3), I actually confused Powerpoint with Adobe Acrobat :) Sadly it does not have a bookmark function and the one from "PDF Creator" doesnt work for me - all bookmarks are deleted again once I close the PDF :(

Still didnt figure out how to add my contacst to the phone, its so frustrating... When I click to the settings and see my account, it says "Attention required" and then clicking on it, I get Error code 0x80072ee7. Before that, I actually had error code 0x8501001d and I tried googling for it but only find solutions for Windows 10, not Windows Phone 10 for my Lumia 950 :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs