My surface pro 4 stopped working after logging in with my outlook account.

W

WPCentral Question

I just received my Surface pro 4 on 11 December and started set-up excitedly on the 12 December (Saturday). I was taking my time as I wanted to make sure that all information is correct from set-up. I was also having a read of the user manual.

All was working well.. Windows 10 installed. Desktop, Start, Settings, Apps were all setup and installed.

I kept it on charge, shut it down and went to bed. on 13 December (Sunday), I switched my surface pro on, it did allow me to log-in but on the desktop and taskbar.... nothing is working. Start button froze still., Search will not do anything, Cannot even access settings to reset my tablet.

Went to all the support pages in Microsoft site and all that they suggest me to do, I cannot do in my tablet as everything is frozen and all the icons do not work as they should. Help Desk is closed so I cannot contact a tech to help too.

All I want to do is reset my tablet to factory settings but that is not possible when I cannot open the settings app.

What do I do?....

Windows 10 ruined my PC previously where it crashed after I installed the update and since then I am stuck with Windows 8 and cannot upgrade further due to errors and missing components. I don't want that to happen to my Surface Pro...

I am beginning to regret getting anything with windows OS.....

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I just received my Surface pro 4 on 11 December and started set-up excitedly on the 12 December (Saturday). I was taking my time as I wanted to make sure that all information is correct from set-up. I was also having a read of the user manual.

All was working well.. Windows 10 installed. Desktop, Start, Settings, Apps were all setup and installed.

I kept it on charge, shut it down and went to bed. on 13 December (Sunday), I switched my surface pro on, it did allow me to log-in but on the desktop and taskbar.... nothing is working. Start button froze still., Search will not do anything, Cannot even access settings to reset my tablet.

Went to all the support pages in Microsoft site and all that they suggest me to do, I cannot do in my tablet as everything is frozen and all the icons do not work as they should. Help Desk is closed so I cannot contact a tech to help too.

All I want to do is reset my tablet to factory settings but that is not possible when I cannot open the settings app.

What do I do?....

Windows 10 ruined my PC previously where it crashed after I installed the update and since then I am stuck with Windows 8 and cannot upgrade further due to errors and missing components. I don't want that to happen to my Surface Pro...

Pfff unluckily but not the end of the world and don't worry :) these things are rare.. and this is new never hard of it happening but I have fix

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site

What do I do?....

Right click windows button and click control panel
Screenshot (19).jpg

Next look for recovery
Screenshot (20).jpg

Now make a recovery drive
Screenshot (21).jpg

I am sorry this has happen, I really am, I am surface pro 3 now and love it. but these things happen on any device, android and apple get them

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes