12-19-2015 02:46 PM
36 12
tools Reply
    partly correct. on the lock screen only 1 account shows email notifications. when i unlock the screen then i see all the acct tiles and their various numbers of new emails. not quite the same but better than it was before.
    12-17-2015 10:36 AM
    On the lock screen I just get the total number of emails. It doesn't split the accounts like you could on WP8.1
    12-17-2015 12:41 PM
    Sorry, I was mistaken! You can actually now select each account, which you couldn't do on earlier versions.

Have checked it and the lock and glance screen counts are also working ok for me. You're having some bad luck 😞
    12-17-2015 12:45 PM
    On the lock screen I just get the total number of emails. It doesn't split the accounts like you could on WP8.1
    i still have this problem. each email acct tile will show the number of new emails now, but not on the lock/glance screen. I actually only get 1 acct to show on the Glance/Lock screen. Windows Store was stumped, couldn't fix it. they said the Lumia 950 is currently in beta testing. wow, thanks.
    12-17-2015 02:04 PM
    Sorry, I was mistaken! You can actually now select each account, which you couldn't do on earlier versions.

Have checked it and the lock and glance screen counts are also working ok for me. You're having some bad luck
    How did you make this change for you?
    12-17-2015 02:05 PM
    Settings -> lock screen -> Choose apps to show quick status, then select your mailbox name(s) for one or more of the 5 boxes, instead of Outlook Mail.
    12-18-2015 04:50 AM
    Not sure if this was suggested. Pin individual accounts to start. Now create a folder. (I called mine Email) place your pinned accounts in the folder. Resize the app to the largest/medium. (Mine is largest) and as the tiles flip you see which accounts have new mail. Hope this helps

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    12-18-2015 05:03 AM
    Settings -> lock screen -> Choose apps to show quick status, then select your mailbox name(s) for one or more of the 5 boxes, instead of Outlook Mail.
    Yep got it, but my OS is Settings, Personalization, Lock Screen, scroll down to choose the 5 apps to place in these 5 boxes.
    12-18-2015 09:17 AM
    Not sure if this was suggested. Pin individual accounts to start. Now create a folder. (I called mine Email) place your pinned accounts in the folder. Resize the app to the largest/medium. (Mine is largest) and as the tiles flip you see which accounts have new mail. Hope this helps

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    Yep, this is how I have mine.

I guess the only minor issue I have with email notifications is that once you click on the tile and open the account, the notification goes away even if you didn't read the new email(s). Say I open the account and don't read two of my emails. Now the notification goes away. The next time I get an email, the notification reads one, not three unread. I guess the OS "assumes" you read the other two. But as I said, this is very minor and may just be the way it's supposed to function...
    12-18-2015 09:29 AM
    Yep, this is how I have mine.

I guess the only minor issue I have with email notifications is that once you click on the tile and open the account, the notification goes away even if you didn't read the new email(s). Say I open the account and don't read two of my emails. Now the notification goes away. The next time I get an email, the notification reads one, not three unread. I guess the OS "assumes" you read the other two. But as I said, this is very minor and may just be the way it's supposed to function...
    i get it, but realistically you have seen the email subject and sender.
    12-18-2015 10:10 AM
    You might not necessarily have seen all the unread emails subject and sender!

I agree that it should be as it is on iOS, the amount of unread mails stays visible until you read them.
    12-19-2015 02:46 PM
36 12