Why with a new WP 10 phone is Outlook Mail the only tile to provide email notifications?

W

WPCentral Question

When I pick up the phone I see I have 10 new emails in my "Outlook Mail" tile. When I click the Outlook Mail tile, it goes to most recent email account I was last in, but the 10 emails are not in this account. Wait, let me now click Accounts and select one of the other 2, nope no emails in that account, okay now select the 3rd Account, awe there are my 10 emails. Why cant you guys just put a banner/notification in each email account tile. this is ridiculous. no wonder windows phones are last. so many great things, but yet now its going backwards.

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
If you have the mail tile pinned it will show all your emails.
If you want notifications on the live tile of individual accounts, you'll need to pin them to the start screen.
I don't see the problem here, seems like it's yet another ill informed bashing. This has become expected by the tech blogs, but it's a shame to see it here so much.

Will James3

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Sorry guys, tangledw, you are wrong. if all 3 accounts have a total of 10 emails, the only indication I have is "10" new emails, and no indication of which accounts have how ever many new emails. Charles Brown8, tried you solution, while its a cool new feature, still each individual account does not show which has new emails only that I have 10 in total. its totally useless. now I have to go into each acct to figure out how many emails are in each. its ridiculous. with a WP 7, each tile for each acct had its own number and its own banner, too. now the banner is combined, who cares that I have 10 new emails if I have to search each acct to figure out where these 10 emails exist. if they are in my personal, I deal with that later, if they are in my work I want to handle immediately. why are we going backwards windows. they have told me this is new and maybe they will change it on the next update.

Jassch

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I've returned my 950xl for other reasons, but this problem is easily solved as people describe in previous posts.

You should remove the Outlook Mail tile from your start screen and only pin the tiles from the accounts that you want; you can even pin different folders from several accounts and they will show you how many new emails you have.

If you want the different accounts to show or not show banners, then you can set this up in options when you open that account.
Believe me and the previous posts, what you want is (and should be) possible!

Will James3

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Jassch, but that didn't work. "Show a notification banner" is checked in my Options tab in each acct and when I send a test email to all 3 accts. nothing. with the Outlook Mail tab it would should 3 new emails.

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Sorry guys, tangledw, you are wrong. if all 3 accounts have a total of 10 emails, the only indication I have is "10" new emails, and no indication of which accounts have how ever many new emails. Charles Brown8, tried you solution, while its a cool new feature, still each individual account does not show which has new emails only that I have 10 in total. its totally useless. now I have to go into each acct to figure out how many emails are in each. its ridiculous. with a WP 7, each tile for each acct had its own number and its own banner, too. now the banner is combined, who cares that I have 10 new emails if I have to search each acct to figure out where these 10 emails exist. if they are in my personal, I deal with that later, if they are in my work I want to handle immediately. why are we going backwards windows. they have told me this is new and maybe they will change it on the next update.

Actually I do not understand how that does not meet your requirements. Each account you have dragged and dropped on the outlook tile shows emails per account... click on a tile for that particular account and you are taken to that accounts inbox. I'm sure lost on what you want or expect as my friends love this feature that are on the other platforms (cough) and actually this is not a new feature,its been around since 8.1 was in developers preview and carried over to 10

tangledW

Banned
Aug 11, 2014
Visit site

Are you using Windows 10?
Because if so, I am absolutely not wrong.

If you pin an individual account to the start screen, you will see notifications for that account on that tile.

If all you have is the Mail app pinned to your start screen, you will see all accounts.

I know this because I'm looking at it right now

Will James3

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
AT Charles Brown8 and TangledW. Yes Win10 on a new Lumia 950. Currently, I have 4 tiles, 1 for each of my 3 accounts, and the 4th being Outlook Mail. I have 1 new email showing in Outlook Mail. The only reason I know its a personal email is because I can see the subject line of that email in the Outlook Mail tile, but I have no indication of a new email in my personal account. its blank. I have tried to drag and drop the 3 accts on top of the Outlook Mail tile and it doesn't indicate which acct has new email only that I have ? number of new emails to go find. its ridiculous.

Will James3

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
See screen shot. Only Outlook Mail tile shows new email.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2.jpg
    Screen Shot 2.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screen Shot 1.jpg
    Screen Shot 1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 9

Will James3

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
The first screen shot shows no Outlook Mail tile and no notifications in each individual email acct tile. The second one show notifications only in Outlook Mail. Unless you are using a brand new Lumia 950 with the latest version 10 on it, do not respond. this is a real problem.

Will James3

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Okay, this is getting frustrating. Apparently two groups of people are having two entirely different experiences. Perhaps someone can post screenshots/videos to back up their claim.

With proof that each individual email acct tile doesn't notify me of a new email, do you have any suggestions. This worked on my WP 8 phone, not with a new Lumia 950 Win10 phone it does not. Please help.

Arunabha Goswami

May 11, 2015
Visit site
do you have any suggestions
I am still on 8.1, so unfortunately I don't have any solutions for you. The screenshots however prove your point beyond any doubts - which should stop people from posting the same suggestion over and over again. If someone responds with a contradicting screenshot with notifications on individual email account tile, then it's a bug. Otherwise it's a missing feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb