Entry level or i5 4GB?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Entry level or i5 4GB

I can't decade between the entry level or the i5 with 128GB and 4GB of RAM. I can't afford the 8Gb RAM version with larger SSD which comparisons seem focused on.

I use MS Office (with complex Excel), email, web browser and SAGE simultaneously. For an extra ?100, is the i5 worth it given that the other specs are the same?

W

Windows Central Question

m3 or i5 Surface Pro 4 4Gb / 128Gd SSD

I can't decide between the m3 entry model or the i5 with 4Gb of RAM and 128Gb SSD. I can't afford the 8Gb/256Gb version of the i5. Reviews seem to compare the m3 with the 256Gb i5.

I use MS Office (including complicated Excel files), Word, web browser, Outlook and Sage simultaneously. Should I opt for the i5 for ?100 more or will the m3 suit my needs? I'd like to keep this for around 3 years before upgrading.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Entry level or i5 4GB

Hmm...

I actually don't know. I know the base model is perfectly suited for basic and moderate applications but I don't know for sure how heavy that usage would be.

Then again, I have no clue what SAGE is. It certainly isn't my friend down in Tulane or the color. (or how heavy "complex Excel" is)

I would tentatively go with the M3 unless they're fancy, like, CAD fancy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa