Windows lumia

W

WPCentral Question

I went with the windows phone 14 months ago. I took out insurance and 4 months ago when the phone broke, returned it for the lumia 1050. I was told the insurance was still good. After going to the Microsoft store on Saturday, I was not told it was not covered. In fact the rep said my phone was 2 years old and was not part of the windows 10 upgrade. So after 4 months, it will not hold a charge (yes I turned off every background app). It heats up and dies within 1 hour. Now the rep tells my warranty will not be honored.

I have tried to give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt. When my banking app disappeared, I figured it would be fixed with windows 10 -- only to find out you sold me a phone that you will not upgrade or honor my warranty -- and it is only 4 months old. In all of the years I have used the android and iPhone, I never had these issues. How do I stick with company who has a store with such poor service -- I thought Microsoft wanted to keep its customers. Why would I buy a new phone after the way I was treated and go another year without all of the latest apps. Your rep at the Huntington store needs service skills and should be able to respond when customers are frustrated.

Without even looking at my phone he said all phone heat up when you play any games or surf the internet. I beg to differ. They don't and not after 4 months.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi and welcome to WindowsCentral.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with your device.

WindowsCentral is a fan based site, though, with no affiliation to Microsoft. You'll need to contact Microsoft's official customer service to escalate your claim. We cannot do anything here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven