Windows 10 Start Menu and Cortana is not working

W

WPCentral Question

I upgraded my Dell Optiplex Desktop to Windows 10 couple of months back after reading positive reviews about Windows 10. However, my experience hasn't been very pleasant at all so far.

1)Without me doing any major changes to my PC (no new programmes installed or uninstalled), suddenly the Start Menu, Cortana and Notification Menu has stopped working.
2)Nothing happens when I click the Start Menu or the Notification Icon.
3)Essentially, a majority of the Windows 10 interface screens are not working at all. While I am able to go into the new Settings Menu, what I can do there is limited.
4)My Edge Browser Icon and Windows Store went missing from the Taskbar

Is there anyway for me to fix this without reinstallation, moving all my data to a new profile, or any other solution which will harm/disturb my existing user profile in Windows 10?

I have searched online for possible solutions and most of them don't seem to work for me. For example, of the solutions mentioned in the following article, I have already tried all the following solutions except Creating New User Account and Refreshing PC

(Posting Link to the Article is marking my post as Spam. So please search for the following article - "Has your Windows 10 Start menu stopped working? Here are four ways to fix it" )

If anyone of you have a different solution, please help me out. This problem is driving me crazy. If there is no solution which fits my bill, can you please recommend any Third Party Start Menu Apps and Search Applications?

Few points -
1) My Windows 10 is upto date
2) Have uninstalled Anti Virus programme to see if it fixes the problem, but it doesn't fix
3) All normal Desktop apps and windows explorer is working fine

Thanks and hope to get my problem sorted out

MohitKJain

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey there. I had exactly the same problem as you, after upgrading my Lenovo laptop. I had tried all the solutions and none of them worked. So, I finally created a new user profile and it's working fine since then. You will have to try that solution. I appears to have very high success rate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3