What are the components to be removed from windows 10 to make it fatser.?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

WINDOWS 10 RUNS FAST, NOT WITH THE APPLICATIONS.

In Dell inspiron Intel i3 with 4 GB Ram, Windows started fantastically in the first few days until I started installing applications. Now the usual WAITING ANIMATION and hour glass makes me sick, I tried every possible solution from the net. no use. The only way is to cut short some windows components and make it slim.

Surprisingly in the same machine OSX 86 mountain lion is working blistering fast. MS office applications for Mac opens in less than a second. In windows it takes 7 seconds. Working in a big file further slows the system down. Microsoft should come up with the solution fast. Or people will start using Linux or osx86 WHICH ARE USED AS A STANDBY.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ctrl+Alt+Delete > task manager > Startup tab > disable any unnecessary items that might be starting by default that you deem not worthy (especially high and medium impact - I have a lot of items that don't start until I ask like my cannon WiFi connected printer, send to OneNote tool, Skype, etc.)

In the search box on your taskbar type in "programs" and click the Programs and Features (control panel) result.

Examine the list of programs and uninstall superfluous items.

Then on the left column click on "Turn Windows features on or off." Be careful in there, if you are not sure about something don't remove it. You can destabilize your system if you are over zealous. Use a web search for unfamiliar items to help assess the risks.

If you need to add additional information or want to post additional questions, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made. Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
And/or if you still not have a SSD get one. This also will speed up your system.
Anyhow I do not believe at all that people will change massively to Linux or osx86 for this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs