Is there any way to get notifications on the lockscreen? I mean real ones like iOS does?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I recently changed platforms from iOS to Windows phone because I like the battery life, the ability to pin things to a start menu, expand memory as well as a few others. However, the notifications thing is killing me. I am so used to getting notifications on the lockscreen that I am really not liking not having it. Additionally, with the Outlook app, if I have unread emails, it shows up on the tile as a notification. I use the same email account for work so sometimes, I open the email app, see who it is from and then leave it unread. Once I close the app, I expect that the notification would still be there to remind me that there are in fact unread emails in the inbox but it doesn't. It just shows no unread emails. That is pretty much not an option for my line of work. Does anybody have any suggestions to make this notifications system more user friendly and more intuitive? I'm currently using Windows 10 insider on a 640.

Thanks.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
That's just the way it is with windows phone & outlook. You could try a different email app for windows and see if that works differently. You can choose what shows as a notification on your lock screen and you always have the drop down notification screen. But it's a lot different to ios and may take a bit of getting used to

Josh Harman

Banned
Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
There is one app that you can choose to see detailed info from on the lock screen. I've chosen the calendar.

You can also slide down from the lock screen and access the action center where all of your notifications are.

If you want notifications like the iPhone... umm, get an iPhone?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05