Can I downgrade from windows 10 to 7?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I do not like windows 10. I kept my laptop with windows 7 and avoided windows 8. I read a cnet review that windows 10 was good and I bought a new laptop with 10. After using 10 for a couple of months and I don't like it . Is it possible to downgrade to windows 7 or will I have to buy a another new laptop with windows 7.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
You could purchase a license for Window 7 to install on your laptop, but there is no guarantee that there will be drivers for your particular laptop available for Windows 7. Probably best to purchase a Windows 7 Laptop to be on the safe side. Even then, support for drivers for Windows 7 devices from a laptop manufacturer are probably going to be limited and not kept up with well.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Since you bought a new laptop with Windows 10, you at least need the installer of Windows 7 so that you could install that in your new laptop.

You may create a Windows Central account to Reply in this thread.

JD_Morecraft

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
cant OEM installs back install the past two versions of Windows? If so just get an OEM download of windows 7 from your manufacture and it should be able to read the key off of your motherboard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs