Locked for security reasons!!!???

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My Lumia 950 just got locked for security reasons and its says that I have to plug it to power source for 2 hours and then to try unlocking it ... what?! is there faster way to unlock it ? by the way I have done nothing wrong with my phone so have no idea why got locked!

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
There are possibilities that I can think of, though I am unaware of why it states to "plug it in for 2 hours". It's just probably forcing you to wait 2 hours before trying to unlock again.

#1, you may have had someone else when you weren't looking attempt to hack your PIN in order to gain access.
#2, It may have been unsuccessful with the Iris Recognition for some reason.
#3, It could have been locked through your Microsoft Account on the Find My Phone page.

Fastest way I know of to unlock it would be to go to the web page for your Microsoft Account, go to Find My Phone, lock the phone and provide a new pin. Once the web site tells you it has been locked, use that PIN code to unlock the phone.

If the phone was low on charge, plugging it into the USB type C cable for a rapid charge is the best answer for that. What may take 2 hours on the wireless charging pad can go a lot faster using the quick charge cable, as it can charge your phone 50% in just 30 minutes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism