Facebook, Microsoft or phone location feature?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi all,

I'm not a fan of Facebook but I have an account that I use on occassions (4/5 times a year) where it is a necessity.
I have the app installed on my personal phone and the setting in the app is to have Location services off. Background running disabled. The phone itself has Location turned on however.
I travel around our country visiting clients and I'm now getting into somewhat embarrassing situations where the client is sending me a Friend request (I have no idea why???). Facebook is knowing exactly where I am, down to the office location. A building of say, 30 people and within hours I get an email from Facebook asking if I know the people I'm meeting with?
I'm trying to stop this happening. Has anyone else experienced this? How can anything other than the location services be causing it? Have I missed something?
My FB account is full of lies except my name because it is extremely common.

usual-suspect

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm not a fan of Facebook but I have an account that I use on occassions (4/5 times a year) where it is a necessity.
I have the app installed on my personal phone and the setting in the app is to have Location services off. Background running disabled. The phone itself has Location turned on however.
I travel around our country visiting clients and I'm now getting into somewhat embarrassing situations where the client is sending me a Friend request (I have no idea why???). Facebook is knowing exactly where I am, down to the office location. A building of say, 30 people and within hours I get an email from Facebook asking if I know the people I'm meeting with?
I'm trying to stop this happening. Has anyone else experienced this? How can anything other than the location services be causing it? Have I missed something?
My FB account is full of lies except my name because it is extremely common.

Sorry, I posted this without being logged in...oops

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss