When will HP (or Microsoft) have a definitive FIX for Windows 10 compatibility with HP Pavilion dv7.?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When will HP (or Microsoft) have a definitive FIX for Windows 10 compatability with HP Pavilion dv7.

Clearly there are problems from wireless connectivtiy to the screen icons flashing to very long start-up times and more. I'm not willing to just "roll the dice" and hope for things to work. I NEED my laptop functioning. Even though the Win 10 compatability test has run and indicates "everything is good to go", it obviously is NOT.

So,

a) will there be actual compatability between Win 10 and HP dvt Pavilions?
b) if yes, when is it expected?
c) is the only safe bet to purchase a new laptop with Win 10 already loaded?

Thanks for your candid response.

Mike

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: When will HP (or Microsoft) have a definitive FIX for Windows 10 compatability with HP Pavilion

Hello Mike,

Technically there aren't any non-compatibility show-stoppers from installing Windows 10 on the HP Pavillion DV7 outside of missing compatible Windows 10 drivers. I would suggest performing the upgrade (please ignore if you have already done and activated) and then perform a clean install or perform a clean reset. Also please search online for the latest hardware drivers from all websites and not necessarily from HP. For example, you might be able to find a newer driver for the Synaptics touchpad from Lenovo's website. Also I would suggest joining the WC forums and then posting your laptop's full model number (DV7-xxx) so someone could provide better assistance with any missing drivers or firmware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb