Surface pro 4 128gig with 4 gig of ram or the surace pro 3 with 256gig and 8 gig ram? Graphic Design

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Both tablets are on sale for the same price. The Surface pro 4 with 128gig has the updated 6th gen i5 processors and slightly bigger screen, but it only has 4 gig of ram. But for the same price I can get the 256gig surface pro 3 with 8 gig of ram. I do graphic design (mostly print work) and will primarily use it to handle projects when I can make it into the office.

Any help would be appreciated.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Well, the Surface Pro 4 is a little better in pretty much every way. The processor is more efficient and more powerful, the screen is bigger, sharper, and better. It's thinner and lighter. I believe both the RAM and the internal storage are faster. If both are the exact same price, I'd only go for the Surface Pro 3 if I needed the extra storage (which is tempting) or I knew I'd need the extra RAM (also tempting). To be honest, I'd probably get the Surface Pro 3 and then get the Surface Pro 4 Type Cover and maybe even the new Surface Pen. Then again, the Surface Pro 4 has a bigger screen in the same size, and without that silly capacitive button on the display...

I think you just need to weigh what you want. The Surface Pro 4 is the better machine, but the Pro 3 is still fantastic and with it you're getting more storage and more RAM. Do you really need the storage and RAM?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes