Will lumia 930 get OTG (On -the-Go) functionality on windows 10 mobile?

DeepakG9949

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I was doing some research on the OTG functionality on lumia 930 for a long time. I need to know in upcoming windows 10 upgrades will they feature OTG on the lumia phones (like 1520,920).
I know that OTG is hardware/software embedded, While lumia 930 has snapdragon 800 which is OTG compatible but still no native drivers are not found in OS which makes them suffer a lot.
Is there a way to get this feature on the device or will Windows mobile 10 rolling out coming this month (Jan 2016) have a feature like this.
I also checked another article that Windows 10 mobile OS support USB host and USB Dual roles Drivers in it.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Here is a help page from Microsoft. New in Windows 10: USB Dual Role on Mobile - Microsoft Windows USB Core Team Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

Please note, this feature will only be available on new Windows 10 devices that support USB Dual Role. This is because of the hardware changes required for the USB port to support device enumeration. While there are devices in the market today that have USB Dual Role capable controllers, the platforms were not designed to support USB Dual Role. New hardware may advertise that they are Dual Role capable.

I take this to mean that while existing Lumias of ≤ X40 may have a capable SoC, it was not enabled physically on the motherboard since Windows Phone 8.1 and below were never going to support OTG in the software.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans