Is it possible your windows phone hacked from a text message that was sent to your windows phone?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

My brothers I phone was hacked, before I knew his phone had been hacked I received several strange messages from him and I responded to his text messages. Should I be concerned that my phone is or can be hacked from that text message? How can I tell if my phone has been is in trouble? I don't see any software to download that may protect my phone like malware protection or antivirus. Help me please.

Thank you,

Nicci

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nicci...

When you replied to the texts, were they asking you personal details? I hope you did not supply any critical information.

Because of the sandbox nature of Windows Phone OS the "hacker" on your brother's iPhone would not be able to get anything off your system. But you should review what information you texted with your brother during the incident and also before and after as that person might have access to your brother's chat history.

am i at risk for identity theft - Bing

If you need to add additional information or want to post additional questions, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made. Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans