Windows Button will not open desktop... just start screen.

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hey all. I will be honest, I use to be a computer wizard and with a change in careers, I got nothing now.

I have a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 10. I was away and last used my computer about a week ago. My desktop with icons will not show up when I click the Windows button either in the bottom left of the screen, or on my keyboard. I just get the screen when you sign on that has all of the tiles (start screen I guess it's called?). I really want my desktop back with all of my icons, but it doesn't go back to that anymore. I click the button and it does nothing. If I have my browser open, I don't even have a taskbar anymore.

Pretty much, I want my desktop with taskbar back... and I have no idea why it's gone. Did an update get rid of it or something?

Please help! I use my computer for full time college classes and for work as I am a supervisor of a veterinary clinic.

Thank you!!!

indospot

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
EDIT: Oops, forget what I said, I read wrong.

Press the WIndows key + D to show the desktop. then check the Action Center in the bottom right of the taskbar and see if tablet mode is enabled.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium