Issues with flash on Windows 10 crashing all browsers

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Has anyone else had issues with flash running on Windows 10 on their desktop/laptop where it crashes the browser? More importantly has anyone fixed such a problem?

So I thought the issue was with chrome, my go to browser. Everytime I went to a website that used flash video (like bbc.co.uk) the video just wouldn't play. I was also having issues with some web pages seemingly taking ages to load before I got an error message saying something along the lines of "the shockwave player has stopped responding".

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling flash a few times, no success.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling chrome a few times, no success.

I then discovered that chrome actually uses its own kind of flash plugin. So tried disabling that and re-enabling it again, no success.

Eventually I gave up and just decided to use Microsoft Edge but I was having the similar issue. Any pages that had flash video would allow me to scroll around but the video wouldn't work and links stopped responding and it looked as though the page was continually trying to load. After disabling flash (seems Edge uses its own version of flash like Chrome does) pages load fine, but obviously the video doesn't work.

So then I tried Firefox, and I have exactly the same problem!

So it seems the issue might be to do with IE10 rather than the browser, since the problem is consistent across all browsers and wondered if anyone has come across this problem and found a solution?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss