A week ago while on vacation I dropped my Nokia 521 in the toilet. I immediately took it apart and dried it including where the battery and SIM card are located. When I put the battery back in it turned on so i thought it was okay. Later, I noticed that it had the fire bolt and gear on the screen. Not knowing what this meant, I plugged the phone in the charger and I then got the battery symbol with question mark. The phone has not worked since and will not turn on. I ordered a new battery but that is not the issue either. After doing some research, I saw something that said you can open it up and take out the battery and SIM card and put the phone in 99% alcohol. Has anyone heard of this? I am trying to get enough power to get my contacts and pictures transferred off of the phone. No, I never backed it up on the Microsoft Windows site.
    01-07-2016 06:16 PM
    Chances are it's gone completely, however this might work.

Get a air tight container or zip lock back fill it with rice, place the phone inside turned off and leave it alone for a few days or more (could take several weeks). I had a bold 9700 which met it's demise in a pocket full of Coca Cola. Long story short, a open can fell straight into my raincoat pocket at work when I was reaching for the phone (had a mountain of paperwork on my desk lol) - this happened several years ago.

I left the phone in there for several weeks, impatiently I took it out in a few days - nothing, 1 week - nothing, two weeks - nothing, then I left it there for 8 weeks. Phone turned on, but the screen was dead. I was able to recovery my data using the disconnect trick.
    01-07-2016 06:34 PM
    If you have a MS account the contacts will be in this account. And if your pictures are on a SD card you can get the SD card out and put it in a PC.
    01-08-2016 01:56 AM