APN Settings for Unlocked Lumia 640 on Net10 (vzw)

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi, I purchased a at&t lumia 640 for use on Net10 (at&t) and due to some stuff happening I ended up switching from their at&t towers to their Verizon towers. I submitted an unlock request for the lumia and it was approved. I popped in the non at&t sim as instructed and correctly punched in the unlock code, the phone confirmed that I had unlocked it. But it hasn't connected to the verizon towers, do I need to adjust the apn settings and if so what are they for a windows phone? Or is this phone "hardware locked" to at&t and they just gave me an unlock code basically saying "here you go *****, its not going to work anyway"

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
It can't work, because only mostly Verizon phones will work with their towers. The only exceptions are the iphone 6, and I believe the nexus 6p? It would have worked just fine if you only used at&t towers or t-mobiles.

Anthony Watkins

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
It was an at&t phone, unlocking the phone should allow the phone to be used on CDMA towers, The phone, to my knowledge does have the capability to connect to CDMA towers (verizon) unless I'm reading the spec sheet incorrectly and WCDMA is totally different standard.

It's not a super big deal, my daily driver is a Moto X Style, that phone also does have the capability to work across all the big US carriers. In any case, thanks for your reply.

Edit: I am the OP, I quickly created an account after posting that.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720