Why does my typing cursor keep disappearing?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

While typing in any text box or word doc, my cursor disappears and I have to click back to where I'm typing to be able to type again. The cursor is not moving to another area. It acts as if I clicked outside the text box. It's not an issue with touchpad. I dislike touchpads and have disabled it and attached a logitech optical mouse. The issue started before I was using the logitech mouse, so I don't think it's that either.

I have a Lenovo Ideapad 500 with Windows 10. It's a new computer; I haven't even had it a full week yet.

I saw a similar question, but it wasn't answered in a way that solved my problem as it was assumed the asker was having issues with the touchpad.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
This may not solve your particular problem, but I encountered something similar on my HP Envy dv7 laptop. The active window would loose focus about every 5 to 10 seconds, and it was driving me crazy. Turns out it was a setting in the included HP SimplePass software for the fingerprint scanner. Once I disabled the Launchsite setting the problem disappeared.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss