Why is my battery life draining so fast on my lumia 950?

Zane Yacoob

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi there. I recently upgraded from a lumia 1320 to the new lumia 950 however this phone requires a charge twice over a 12 hour period(i use my phone moderately throughout the day). The 1320(3400mAh) gave me 2-3 days baterry life with a single charge, i have expected the 950(3000mAh) to give me atleast a day and a half due to the new software and the 1440p screen but thats not the case i lost 40% battery in 5 hours while on standby. Please note that the phone is only 4 days old and i have read other forums that suggested i do a reset of the device which i have done to no avail. On a full charge battery saver says it will last 16 hours after the reset it stated one day and 17 hours, short while later(78%) it stated that it will last only 17 hours. I really love the 950 and its awesome features but this battery is kiling me. Especially when theres a sony xperia m5 that lasts 2 days on a single charge. Nokia/ Microsoft phones were built on great Camera's, awesome sound quality and thee never ending battery life. i would be please if i can get through an entire day of use and still have 40% left over at the end of the day.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Check data sense. Mine was draining like crazy because it was sucking data down like crazy. Unfortunately I tried everything including 2 returns and nothing improved. I went back to my 1520.

Zane Yacoob

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, i've check but everything seems normal, sitting at around 500mb but i just downloaded 6 or 7 apps and updated to .29 software the day after i got the phone so data should be high. i have checked battery use and that states that the screen is using 75% of battery but for the life of me i cannot understand why

DotNetRob

Dec 15, 2010
www.dotnetrob.com
Having the same problem. My 950 is running warm, battery draining much faster than usual. Battery use says display is taking up 65%. Have restarted phone several times and the problem keeps coming back. Has only been happening for the last 2-3 days.

Zane Yacoob

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Hey Rob. i manage to sort mine out although it still runs warm under charge but other than that its almost pefect. its using 40% a day thats with an entire day(12 hours) of use. all you need to do is reset your device, make sure you back-up your information, thereafter remove your memory card. go into settings-> system->storage, scroll down to save location and ensure that for downloads "This Device" is selected. then go to update & security and check for updates. update .29 should be available. after installing the update then you have one awesome windows phone to get to discover.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon