Why my Lumia 1520 is stuck at Windows 8 Black?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I was using Windows 10 on my 1520 but suddenly a blue screen popped out telling me "the boot configuration data is messing". so i used the windows recovery tool to install a fresh firmware.. and now im stuck in windows 8 black and can't find any new updates..!! i need help guys :(

PS. sorry about my English

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you use Windows Device Recovery Tool? (Now at v3.1.5) Or did you use some older tool no longer being updated?

Make sure your Toolkit is up to date and try again: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...singleTopic%26topic%3DFA142987&token=pnlMbcRI

If you need to add additional information or want to post additional questions, please join the site so you can see the reply button and continue the conversation in the same thread you originally made. Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

doubleuael

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
RumoredNow Thank you for responding.

Yes i used the latest version of Windows Device Recovery Tool (3.1.5).. and every time i run it, it tells me "You have the latest available software version" for my lumia 1520..

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
it tells me "You have the latest available software version" for my lumia 1520..

Please goto Settings > extras + info > scroll down, can you please list what it shows for:

Manufacturer Name
Mobile Operator

Also is your phone carrier branded? If so what carrier? What carrier are you on?
(Note that it depends on what carrier it is branded to and not what carrier it is on if SIM unlocked.)

This will help pinpoint your model to reference against these tables: https:// www. microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

doubleuael

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I can't find that specific euro1_055 on the lists...

Something went wrong in the WDRT and you will probably have to contact a repair center to have a viable ROM flashed to it.

There's no certified repair center in SA
I'm posting here because i couldn't find an alternative to navifirm+ its going under maintenance for a week now and i have no idea if its a temporary problem or not..
i donno what to do :(

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There's no certified repair center in SA
I'm posting here because i couldn't find an alternative to navifirm+ its going under maintenance for a week now and i have no idea if its a temporary problem or not..
i donno what to do :(

How long ago did you get it from the seller?

IMHO, they may have done something in Navifirm that I can't account for.

Have you tried talking to the retailer?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you are comfortable dead flashing in Navifirm, RM-937_im_mea3_1019 would be the appropriate file for an SA 1520.

I'm going to see if I can get an experienced flasher in this thread.

doubleuael

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
How long ago did you get it from the seller?

IMHO, they may have done something in Navifirm that I can't account for.

Have you tried talking to the retailer?

I got it on Nov 2014..

I've talked to the retailer and he told me your device insurance is out of date and can't be renewed!
he also said we will install a new firmware in your device for 140$ :angry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital