USB OTG problem

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

USB OTG functionality was added in the build 10549 to my knowledge. I have a lumia 520. I recently updated it to build 10586.29. My friend did the same with his 730. Still, when we try to connect Pendrive using the otg cable, it goes undetected. Is the functionality device specific or its just us? I might have missed the articles back when 10549 released. So what should be my next move? Thanks already.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Here is a help page from Microsoft. New in Windows 10: USB Dual Role on Mobile - Microsoft Windows USB Core Team Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

Please note, this feature will only be available on new Windows 10 devices that support USB Dual Role. This is because of the hardware changes required for the USB port to support device enumeration. While there are devices in the market today that have USB Dual Role capable controllers, the platforms were not designed to support USB Dual Role. New hardware may advertise that they are Dual Role capable.

I take this to mean that while existing Lumias of ≤ X40 may have a capable SoC, it was not enabled physically on the motherboard since Windows Phone 8.1 and below were never going to support OTG in the software.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)