Unable to add new contacts on windows 10 phone lumia 640

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I just upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8.1 on my lumia 640xl. My OS version is 10.0.10586.26 version. There is a problem on adding contacts. Everytime I go to people app and then press the + button on the lower right corner it will show the add photo button then suddenly going back to the people app again. Tried doing it again and again but no luck. It still go back to people app everytime I press the + button on the people app itself. Can someone help me. thanks.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Why don't you try adding it witihin the Phone app.
Go to Dial Pad -> type desired number there, on the left there's tiny floppy/disk icon, press it -> then again, in the lower right corner there's a plus(+) sign, choose it and the rest you'll know yourself. If it works of course.
You'll still be in the People app but it doesn't cost you too much to give it a shot.

Let Me

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Why don't you try adding it witihin the Phone app.
Go to Dial Pad -> type desired number there, on the left there's tiny floppy/disk icon, press it -> then again, in the lower right corner there's a plus(+) sign, choose it and the rest you'll know yourself. If it works of course.
You'll still be in the People app but it doesn't cost you too much to give it a shot.

I did that as well. Still no luck. Every time I press that + or save button I will just go back to where I am previously.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I did that as well. Still no luck. Every time I press that + or save button I will just go back to where I am previously.

I'm not on the 8.1 at the moment, so i can't test anything in order to help you. Is it possible to re-install the people app on 8.1? (On WM10 it isn't so i have to ask) Have you tried soft, hard reset?

Or you can try this. Take another phone and add your contacts on it. Then get Transfer my data app on your Lumia and try to transfer your contacts with it. A bit complicated, but it's worth trying.

Let Me

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm not on the 8.1 at the moment, so i can't test anything in order to help you. Is it possible to re-install the people app on 8.1? (On WM10 it isn't so i have to ask) Have you tried soft, hard reset?

Or you can try this. Take another phone and add your contacts on it. Then get Transfer my data app on your Lumia and try to transfer your contacts with it. A bit complicated, but it's worth trying.

I cant uninstall the people app on win 10. Not sure about win 8.1. just got my phone earlier this morning and I wanted to try win10. First time using a windows phone so even adding contacts is quite confusing to me. Do we have the same win 10 version? I just update this phone using windows insider and choose the slow option

Let Me

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site

I cant uninstall the people app on win 10. Not sure about win 8.1. just got my phone earlier this morning and I wanted to try win10. First time using a windows phone so even adding contacts is quite confusing to me. Do we have the same win 10 version? I just update this phone using windows insider and choose the slow option

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I'm on the .63 build, that is about 2 build ahead of you. I'd recommend trying out the latest build, maybe that'll have your problem solved.
Just go to Insider app, choose the fast ring, go to settings, check updates, wait till it downloads bla bla, you know the thing.

Let Me

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm on the .63 build, that is about 2 build ahead of you. I'd recommend trying out the latest build, maybe that'll have your problem solved.
Just go to Insider app, choose the fast ring, go to settings, check updates, wait till it downloads bla bla, you know the thing.

Hi thanks for helping. For some reason Reseting the phone again after just upgrading to windows 10 from 8.1 works. Thank you very much

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)