01-17-2016 05:27 AM
42 12
tools Reply
    Use the lumia recovery tool and recover and start over. Sounds like you have some level of corruption when you access any software, it has a unhandled exception and boom reboots. This would be your best bet. Reload a new rom, update and go from there.
    01-14-2016 02:37 PM
    Actually its called Windows Device Recovery Tool. Download that and plug your phone in via USB and follow prompts. Very self explanatory
    01-14-2016 02:39 PM
    If you read the OP's posts they have tried the WDRT and the phone restarts before it has chance to reload the software.
    Wes Smith likes this.
    01-14-2016 03:12 PM
    If you read the OP's posts they have tried the WDRT and the phone restarts before it has chance to reload the software.
    Whoops! I missed that. My bad.

Ok here is one thing I would recommend...let it drain. Let the charge completely drain, drain the battery out completely. once drained, pull the battery out, set it aside. Press the power button a couple of times to release any residual miniscule charge that maybe lurking in the systemboard. Once done, put the battery back in, put the charger back on, it will be a few minutes and phone should power back on and see what happens.

IF this doesn't do anything, then its time to call in for warranty on it.
    01-14-2016 04:13 PM
    I will try thanks but I don't think it willwork
    Wes Smith likes this.
    01-14-2016 10:20 PM
    Try this when phone is on press VOL down and Power buttons together untill phone vibrates on. See if this works for you.
    01-14-2016 10:34 PM
    no the soft reset doesn't do anything
    01-15-2016 06:51 AM
    William9232, when you tried flashing with WDRT what cable did you use and how much charge did your phone have?

On windows 7 if I used any other cable other than White usb cable my laptop would just crash. I later realised to flash my phone in particular I have to use a factory cable, it doesn't matter which phone but it has to be a factory cable. A factory cable provides power to the phone while it's flashing a standard data cable does not. The cables supplied with the phones usually are factory cables.

Regardless make sure your phone is fully charged before flashing it, also put some chewing gum wrapper underneath the battery if you have a removable battery to ensure the battery doesn't lose contact during flashing (optional but it has helped some phones).

The best way to flash a phone a reluctant phone is to force it into the boot loader by doing a soft reset then holding the volume up button just before or at the same time the phone vibrates (I've noticed it varies phone to phone) so it may take several tries.

If this doesn't help then either something is wrong with downloaded files or you may have a faulty phone.
    01-15-2016 09:26 AM
    Recovery steps for Lumia 520:
    1. Take out the battery, any SIM card and SD card.
    2. Place the phone flat on the floor.
    3. Make sure you are wearing good shoes.
    4. Stomp on the phone several times until you hear the crunch of the internal components.
    5. Go to the store and buy a Lumia 640.
    (OK so I didn't solve your problem but it might make you feel better)
    01-15-2016 10:36 AM
    I used the factory cable and it didn't make a difrence so in the end I couldn't fix my phone so I gave it to a shop that fixes phones so we will see how that goes but thanks everyone for the tips and advices and yea ill probably end up buying a new phone don't know will I stick with windows phones we will seee :))
    01-15-2016 11:38 AM
    i had the same issue. i took it for repair and they told me it has some chip level problems which is preventing the software tools from reading the device. They were not very sure of fixing the problem. so i ditched it and bought a 950 xl :)
    01-16-2016 12:45 AM
    it's a feature. It is to keep you focused on the real world
    01-16-2016 01:37 AM
    What happens to your battery after your phone restarts? Is the battery depleted or about the same?
    01-16-2016 11:03 AM
    about the same
    01-16-2016 01:57 PM
    1% lower but its about the same I want to install rom on it again how can I do that without flashing the phone or are there any other ides what to do the man that fixes phones said that it was the battery but I donnt think so cause some apps aren't working or aren't opening when the phone is on and that doesn't have to do with the batersy right?
    01-16-2016 02:00 PM
    I used the factory cable and it didn't make a difrence so in the end I couldn't fix my phone so I gave it to a shop that fixes phones so we will see how that goes but thanks everyone for the tips and advices and yea ill probably end up buying a new phone don't know will I stick with windows phones we will seee :))
    From reading all the posts by you in the thread, you have tried all the options and everything doesn't work. So when you try hard reset and soft reset also the phone does not respond, which means its not an OS issue (cos even hardware button combination for factory reset does not work). Connection to a PC also does not work, when you use WDRT. The best option is to get the service centre to repair/replace it for you.

It does not matter what phone you use in the future, but all the best with your new phone.
    01-16-2016 07:43 PM
    Sometimes things break and need to be replaced.
    01-17-2016 05:27 AM
42 12