Why does my phone keep restarting when I open an app?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

why does my phone keep restarting when i open an app

it started yesterday and at first I thought it was nothing but then when I opened an app it restarted again and again so I cant do anything on my phone or it willrestart I tried hard reset but it restarts before it starts the reset and I tried windowsdevice recovery tool but it isn't working because when it starts my phone just restarts and loses conection to the pc please I need help and don't sugest nokia care center because its too far from my home

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: why does my phone keep restarting when i open an app

so you think its the battery are there no other optins to hard reset
I don't know for definite. It's a process of elimination.
You did mention earlier that the battery charge percentage keeps changing and that the time and date are wrong.
So it's possible that the battery could be faulty.
Also, I'm not sure if I have asked but do you have another charger?

william9232

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site

its not the battery cause the os lags and cant even open some apps such us store and similar so is there any way to hard reset over my pc??

Wes Smith

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

Use the lumia recovery tool and recover and start over. Sounds like you have some level of corruption when you access any software, it has a unhandled exception and boom reboots. This would be your best bet. Reload a new rom, update and go from there.

Wes Smith

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

Actually its called Windows Device Recovery Tool. Download that and plug your phone in via USB and follow prompts. Very self explanatory

Wes Smith

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

If you read the OP's posts they have tried the WDRT and the phone restarts before it has chance to reload the software.

Whoops! I missed that. My bad.

Ok here is one thing I would recommend...let it drain. Let the charge completely drain, drain the battery out completely. once drained, pull the battery out, set it aside. Press the power button a couple of times to release any residual miniscule charge that maybe lurking in the systemboard. Once done, put the battery back in, put the charger back on, it will be a few minutes and phone should power back on and see what happens.

IF this doesn't do anything, then its time to call in for warranty on it.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site

Try this when phone is on press VOL down and Power buttons together untill phone vibrates on. See if this works for you.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

William9232, when you tried flashing with WDRT what cable did you use and how much charge did your phone have?

On windows 7 if I used any other cable other than White usb cable my laptop would just crash. I later realised to flash my phone in particular I have to use a factory cable, it doesn't matter which phone but it has to be a factory cable. A factory cable provides power to the phone while it's flashing a standard data cable does not. The cables supplied with the phones usually are factory cables.

Regardless make sure your phone is fully charged before flashing it, also put some chewing gum wrapper underneath the battery if you have a removable battery to ensure the battery doesn't lose contact during flashing (optional but it has helped some phones).

The best way to flash a phone a reluctant phone is to force it into the boot loader by doing a soft reset then holding the volume up button just before or at the same time the phone vibrates (I've noticed it varies phone to phone) so it may take several tries.

If this doesn't help then either something is wrong with downloaded files or you may have a faulty phone.

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

Recovery steps for Lumia 520:
1. Take out the battery, any SIM card and SD card.
2. Place the phone flat on the floor.
3. Make sure you are wearing good shoes.
4. Stomp on the phone several times until you hear the crunch of the internal components.
5. Go to the store and buy a Lumia 640.
(OK so I didn't solve your problem but it might make you feel better)

william9232

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site

I used the factory cable and it didn't make a difrence so in the end I couldn't fix my phone so I gave it to a shop that fixes phones so we will see how that goes but thanks everyone for the tips and advices and yea ill probably end up buying a new phone don't know will I stick with windows phones we will seee :))

lijith

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

i had the same issue. i took it for repair and they told me it has some chip level problems which is preventing the software tools from reading the device. They were not very sure of fixing the problem. so i ditched it and bought a 950 xl :)

william9232

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site

1% lower but its about the same I want to install rom on it again how can I do that without flashing the phone or are there any other ides what to do the man that fixes phones said that it was the battery but I donnt think so cause some apps aren't working or aren't opening when the phone is on and that doesn't have to do with the batersy right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss