Broken screen Lumia 950 , what choice do I have to?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I had my phone in the jacket, and it slipped out and fell on the road cracking the screen. I didn't buy insurance and now I am not sure what choices I have for fixing the screen.

Anyone who went through the same issue with their 950? What did you choose to do?

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I hate to admit it but yeah I cracked my screen. I had it in a shirt pocket. I had never done that before nor will I do it again, 950 is no where near as tough as my old 920. The following relates to AT&T branded device in the U.S..

Now for the hard part. I checked with AT&T store but their local guy did not carry parts for the phone (where ever you are this may be different). The rep there told me MS does not repair the devices themselves but clicking though support on their site will bring up a link to Palco and they are repairing mine for me to the tune of $199 including diagnostics and return shipping with insurance. It cost me about $18 to ship with insurance, packaging not included.

A little tough to swallow but with insurance I'd still have to layout $150 deductible plus the monthly premium. I have not checked Square Trade for coverage but may do so after this incident.

Here's the link https://www.palcotech.com/repair.as...or=Black&Network=At[AND]t&Issue=Broken+Screen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss