Nokia Lumia 1520 unlock

Eden Weiss

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I just acquired a new old stock ATT model 1520 "940". Only been able to use it over Wifi as it is locked. I have tried 3 online services and all have been unable to unlock it. I'm very anxious to use the phone so any help getting it unlocked would be most appreciated.
Also, tried ATT direct and they said no "money was still owed on the phone" . Don't know how that's possible as this one was brand new in box and purchased from a ATT employee.
Thanks,
Eden

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
You should be speaking to whomever you purchased the device from.. You will need to unlock it using a code linked to your IMEI and that is the only way.. you could probably find some third party websites who claim that they can do this, but I wouldn't recommend any of them

Eden Weiss

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I asked the person I bought it from and she is no help. I still need to get the phone unlocked. What is the best way to do this? One of the online unlocking sites said that it needs to be done with a cable. Do you have info or are you aware of that method?
Thanks.
Eden

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Money still owed on the phone? Sounds like she got it through AT&T Next and decided to stop paying the bill. I recommend contacting AT&T to make sure the IMEI doesn't get reported lost/stolen. Then the phone will definitely be unusable.

Eden Weiss

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
I can't get a refund. I need to solve the problem. It will be used as a WiFi tablet until a REAL solution presents itself.

I'm going to try the ask the original question again. Does any have a reputable source to unlock this brand new 1520? I'm especially anxious to use this phone as it would be my first Windows phone.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
To my knowledge, only AT&T can unlock the 1520. If you can't get it unlocked because of the remaining balance, then maybe you can sign up for AT&T's GoPhone service. It's much cheaper than than using AT&T plus you wouldn't have to get the phone unlocked. The same is true if you sign up for Cricket Wireless, another MVNO that's owned by AT&T.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Does any have a reputable source to unlock this brand new 1520?

Those unlocking services will fail because money is owed on the device. They are hitting the same wall you are.

To the best of my knowledge there is no PC enabled unlocking hack for any Windows Phones. I'm afraid you were sold a bad phone. We have no way to make it good.

this one was brand new in box and purchased from a ATT employee.

If the seller sold it to you through their position as an ATT employee, in store then demand a refund. Show them the unlock decline emails as proof that the device was misrepresented. It sounds like a return that was never properly taken off an account.

If the person sold it to you privately and won't refund you they may have stolen it from their place of employment and the phone is likely to get blacklisted.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss