Every computer that I've upgraded to Windows 10 is now very sluggish. For example, if I try to type anything in the Cortana search field, I have to wait several seconds for the cursor to actually be ready for accepting a letter. If I refresh Facebook, it takes 10-15 seconds for the screen to repaint everything. If I try to open a directory in Windows Explorer, the green bar slowly goes across the top and eventually the directory will appear. This includes an MSI All-In-One that is my primary PC in the living room, and a Asics Switch 10 Tablet/Keyboard combo. Both were nowhere near as sluggish in everyday operation as they are now. Verizon FIOS internet, and, over the course of time, two different routers.

I see a lot of posts about specific issues here, but how is your performance? What does it take to make a Windows 10 computer run well?
    01-21-2016 11:44 AM
    I would start with this:

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker - Windows 7 Help Forums
    (option 2)

Its for Windows 7, but it still applies.

I would also try defragmenting if you use a traditional hard drive.
    01-21-2016 01:26 PM
    I usually take vitamins...

Oh wait.

Hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager. Click the Startup Tab. Look and see what is automatically running at Start (and thus the whole time your PC is booted).

Triage according to need. Disable things that have a Medium or High impact and are not really useful to you at every moment. Printers and various updaters could be dragging you way down.
    Guytronic, libra89, jmshub and 1 others like this.
    01-21-2016 01:57 PM