Who else is super sluggish?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Every computer that I've upgraded to Windows 10 is now very sluggish. For example, if I try to type anything in the Cortana search field, I have to wait several seconds for the cursor to actually be ready for accepting a letter. If I refresh Facebook, it takes 10-15 seconds for the screen to repaint everything. If I try to open a directory in Windows Explorer, the green bar slowly goes across the top and eventually the directory will appear. This includes an MSI All-In-One that is my primary PC in the living room, and a Asics Switch 10 Tablet/Keyboard combo. Both were nowhere near as sluggish in everyday operation as they are now. Verizon FIOS internet, and, over the course of time, two different routers.

I see a lot of posts about specific issues here, but how is your performance? What does it take to make a Windows 10 computer run well?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I usually take vitamins...

Oh wait.

Hit Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager. Click the Startup Tab. Look and see what is automatically running at Start (and thus the whole time your PC is booted).

Triage according to need. Disable things that have a Medium or High impact and are not really useful to you at every moment. Printers and various updaters could be dragging you way down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss