• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Windows Central Question

The state/future of Windows Phone

Hi,

A question I want to ask that I have thought lots about recently.

Do you think that Windows Phone will ever be popular? Do you think the developers that have really decent apps in iOS and Android will ever come to Windows Phone, or make the apps that are on here now, as good as their counterparts?

I am at a crossroads as I have recently been using an LG G4 and took it out yesterday to Snowdon to do mountain climbing and the photos that come off it are jaw dropping for a phone. I started to think.. does Windows Phone even have any decent hiking apps? I looked and found it severely lacking in anything remotely as good as I can get on Android. I have ordered a Lumia 950X and its coming tomorrow. Going to take it out on a camera taking trip somewhere and compare. If the camera is as good or better then maybe I could manage with the lack of apps for now, as long as there was light at the end of the tunnel.
What do you think about the future of Windows Phone and the app problem. Please be honest and no fanboys!

Matt

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: The state/future of Windows Phone

This is a topic of discussion everywhere, so you probably could've gotten a good feel for the mood without writing that much.

Regardless, they aren't going to win many with Windows 10 Mobile as it is right now, which over the course of several installs, numerous hard resets and a couple models, takes the current award for twitchiest OS in my book.

patcherd

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site
If you're a slave to apps then maybe windows is not for you. Apps don't make the world go around. I only use my phone for web browsing talk and text and find windows for me is perfectly suited.
I do wish windows had my banking app, but in the meantime I just pin it to the start screen. Universal apps will once and for all put an end to the "app gap".

I am typing this on my 950, probably too much phone for my needs, but I got a nice deal on a trade in.
I will say from my experience with the 950 that it is the best smartphone I have used yet, like it even better than my old NL925,... much better!

Staying on the topic of whether windows will survive? I hope so. Tried android and ios, but windows has such an intuitive UI that the other two don't have.

Windows 10 to me despite the minor issues I have encountered is the best OS to date and we have to remember it will only keep improving. Things take time.
Hang in through the tough times folks, because when it gets better it will be that much more enjoyable .

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Matt...

Ask a Question is really geared for time critical help to solve issues on devices. http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/292973-who-should-post-ask-question-forum.html

What you are asking is a long running debate which appears across multiple threads in many forums on this board. It truly is beyond the scope and purpose of our Ask a Question section.

Additionally, unregistered guests can not reply in threads. So what you have done is set up a question that you can not participate in, You are inviting a long winded response from any/all members on a topic being covered in many other threads.

Rather than host this thread here in an inappropriate area where the OP can not even participate meaningfully, this thread will be closed.

If you truly want to have a give and take conversation on this subject, I would urge you to join the site and reply in an ongoing thread or start a new thread in a more appropriate area such as General Windows Phone Discussion Lounge - Windows Central Forums

Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss