Is Core M3 Enough For Me?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I am considering a Surface Pro 4 or the new Samsung Galaxy Tab S Pro. If I go with the Surface I am leaning towards the M3 entry level model.

I am interested in the M3 because it is fanless and I think it might meet my needs. I realize the Galaxy will not be offered beyond the M3 but on the Surface I could go with the i5 or i7.

I would use it as a combination of work/personal use.

Most of my time (work or personal) is in the browser though I can have 8-12 tabs open at once when i'm working.

The only programs I would really use are the Office Apps. Maybe some other basic ones like Spotify, ESPN, Amazon, etc. No photoshop or gaming.

Is the M3 enough for me? Probably the biggest concern is the 4gb ram.

I've used a Samsung Chromebook in the past and loved it. That only had 2 gb of Ram and it did ok handling multiple tabs though I really didn't push it. Plus, Chrome is different from Windows obviously.

Anyone else have similar usage and experience with a Core M3 pc?

Firipu

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
If you do not plan on gaming/heavy use, the m3 should be more than sufficient. You might have some minor slowdowns if you open multiple content heavy tabs in your browser (10+ tabs, with very rich pages).
Besides that, it should work fine for browsing/office/mails/netflix.

MOHSIN KHAN12

May 12, 2016
Visit site
Hey,I'm using the same processor core m3 skylake 6y30 with 8 gigs of RAM in an asus zenbook,and trust me it works prefectly fine and boot time is super fast.Mine has never hanged. I use it mostly for office work so, i have like 20 tabs opened all the time and also in background playing some music.Best thing about this is its super quiet and never ever heats up.i had even played NFS Most Wanted 2005 in it and it worked prefctly fine. GO for it unless if your going to use it as a desktop. but its a safe and fair choice for commuters because its low power work,u will get upto 10 hours of battery life easily.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac