How to stop home screen icons from changing/moving pictures?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I just got a Verizon Microsoft Lumina 8.1 phone. On the home screen, some of the icons keep changing (Weather flips back and forth between summary, and forecast, Store Icon rotates through some really dumb pictures, Photos, icon rotates through my photos...)

I hate that.

How do I stop that annoying "Feature".?

Thanks, Mark.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
In each of those app settings, you can turn off "Live Tiles". For example, for the Photos Tile, you can choose to show just ONE photo in your tile so that it won't keep changing; in the Store App, you can turn off "Show products on tile"; etc.

You may create a Windows Central account to Reply in this thread.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
This feature is new to you, I understand, but it can be very useful to display information that you want available at a glance. Maybe its your calendar, then install the Chronos Calendar app and pin it's live tile to the start screen. Maybe it's news or music or Audible or whatever is important to you. Pin that app to your start screen. Try it. I have my upcoming calendar events, my "favorite" pictures, Windows Central, flipboard and others. Try the large tiles. Lots of choices to personalize it just the way you want it. You can even have a screen full of small tiles so it looks like the icons of other types of phones, if you wish.
I think the best looking start screens have a few tiles of each size, some live, and a few smaller tile spaces blank.
Best wishes.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos