Lumia 530 "No Builds"

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have the Lumia 530 running Windows Phone 8.1. I wanted to give Windows 10 Mobile a whirl, but the Windows Insider app says there are "no builds".

My OS build is 8.10.12400.899 and I installed a 32GB microSD card so space and OS should not be an issue.
I have already soft reset and used the Windows Device Recovery Tool, but nothing works. And yes, I am an Insider (beta tested Windows 10 for PCs since the beginning).

Any solutions?

MelynxCCC

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I've tried signing in and signing out. Does not work. Both on phone and PC.

After clicking Get Preview Builds, it keeps on displaying "no builds" and "we weren't able to find a preview build for you, please confirm..."

Just noticed, it says I have Lumia Cyan. Don't we need Denim for this and if so, will downloading Preview for Developers cause Denim to download?

Last edited:

Cosmyc

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
I've tried signing in and signing out. Does not work. Both on phone and PC.

After clicking Get Preview Builds, it keeps on displaying "no builds" and "we weren't able to find a preview build for you, please confirm..."

Just noticed, it says I have Lumia Cyan. Don't we need Denim for this and if so, will downloading Preview for Developers cause Denim to download?

Maybe that's the problem, you can manually flash a country variant Denim ROM and then try.

Cosmyc

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
I don't know how to flash a phone. Any guides?
Also, how much space am I supposed to have available on my internal storage for the W10M download?
If you're interested in a guide I think in XDA developers and other websites are some of them, it's easy. It's basically downloading the desired ROM with Navifirm, placing it in a specific directory and flash the phone with Nokia Care Suite.
If you need extra help I'm here.
You should have a little more than 1GB to install the update but I don't know if that's possible with the 530 right now, can anyone confirm it?

Deanig_12

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how to flash a phone. Any guides?
Also, how much space am I supposed to have available on my internal storage for the W10M download?

follow this people are reporting its working go into setting untick automatic time and date settings then set your date to 1 Janruary 2016 then go back into the insiders and you should get your new update let me know how you get on :) been on here all day telling people lol

MelynxCCC

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
If you're interested in a guide I think in XDA developers and other websites are some of them, it's easy. It's basically downloading the desired ROM with Navifirm, placing it in a specific directory and flash the phone with Nokia Care Suite.
If you need extra help I'm here.
You should have a little more than 1GB to install the update but I don't know if that's possible with the 530 right now, can anyone confirm it?

I saw the guide, but servers are unavailable at this time.

Deanig_12

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I saw the guide, but servers are unavailable at this time.

follow this people are reporting its working go into setting untick automatic time and date settings then set your date to 1 Janruary 2016 then go back into the insiders and you should get your new update let me know how you get on :) been on here all day telling people lol

Cosmyc

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
I've tried changing the date and time, it does not work.
Also found the XDA Developers guide, the servers are unavailable at this time.
That's true, I downloaded a Spanish country variant ROM some time ago to flash the 530 of my brother but I don't remember if I deleted it... If I still have it I will upload it for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12