Lumia 530 "No Builds"

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have the Lumia 530 running Windows Phone 8.1. I wanted to give Windows 10 Mobile a whirl, but the Windows Insider app says there are "no builds".

My OS build is 8.10.12400.899 and I installed a 32GB microSD card so space and OS should not be an issue.
I have already soft reset and used the Windows Device Recovery Tool, but nothing works. And yes, I am an Insider (beta tested Windows 10 for PCs since the beginning).

Any solutions?

arjan wolthuis

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
The official Windows Insider page says "8.10.14219.341 or earlier".
Anyone out there with a Lumia 530 that can provide a bit more information about how they upgraded? I don't know why this phone isn't updating.

That makes no sense. Why would they put. "8.10.14219.341 or earlier on that page. Why don't put a older build up there. And say this and higher I really think it's 8.10.14219.341. And besides I thought the 530 wasn't getting an update because it's has only 4 GB. But a friend of mine did had an older version of windows 10 on his 530. Don't know if it still in the program

MelynxCCC

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
That makes no sense. Why would they put. "8.10.14219.341 or earlier on that page. Why don't put a older build up there. And say this and higher I really think it's 8.10.14219.341. And besides I thought the 530 wasn't getting an update because it's has only 4 GB. But a friend of mine did had an older version of windows 10 on his 530. Don't know if it still in the program

They also claim that the 530 is on the list of supported devices. Anyway, I found a case saying getting some updates from Developer Preview then solved the Insider problem for the 521. I'm going to try it and see.

Cosmyc

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
The 530 situation is very unclear right now, there's a possibility it would not get the update but at the same time heard and saw a screenshot of an SD card update process as a workaround to the lack of internal memory during installation...

MelynxCCC

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
I tried the Developer Preview work around, and now the Insider app shows me "Insider Slow" and "Insider Fast" options. However, after the reboot process mandated by the Insider app, the phone just keeps saying "Checking for updates" and then "Your phone is up to date". I left it off for the night and it still says it.

Cosmyc

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
I tried the Developer Preview work around, and now the Insider app shows me "Insider Slow" and "Insider Fast" options. However, after the reboot process mandated by the Insider app, the phone just keeps saying "Checking for updates" and then "Your phone is up to date". I left it off for the night and it still says it.

What OS version do you have?

MelynxCCC

Nov 18, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried the new insider ring?

Yeah, tried that today actually. First it says "There was a problem configuring your device" after clicking accept in the Insider app. Usually waiting fixes that because it has to do with the constant checking for updates. When it actually accepts enrollment into the new ring, it reboots as usual but then when it tries to update I keep getting "Your phone is up to date"

Cosmyc

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, tried that today actually. First it says "There was a problem configuring your device" after clicking accept in the Insider app. Usually waiting fixes that because it has to do with the constant checking for updates. When it actually accepts enrollment into the new ring, it reboots as usual but then when it tries to update I keep getting "Your phone is up to date"
OK, try to flash a new ROM from lumiafirmware.com, the instructions are there, if you need help I'm here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6