Why does the Nokia 640XL keep deleting music

W

WPCentral Question

I have about 1,300 songs downloaded to the SD card in the Nokia 640 XL. After the songs disappeared the 2nd time I called AT&T. I spoke with a tech who discovered the 640 XL has an issue and it deletes music from the SD card.
Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? Other than return the phone or regret buying it?
Microsoft needs to take off the program in the phone pertaining to music. It's aggravating after the music is deleted and the phone program prompts you to add music.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have about 1,300 songs downloaded to the SD card in the Nokia 640 XL. After the songs disappeared the 2nd time I called AT&T. I spoke with a tech who discovered the 640 XL has an issue and it deletes music from the SD card.
Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? Other than return the phone or regret buying it?
Microsoft needs to take off the program in the phone pertaining to music. It's aggravating after the music is deleted and the phone program prompts you to add music.

Sounds like read and perhaps write issues, in laymen terms maybe your msd card is actually dying.

I had this happen to me twice with a bold 9700 a long time ago, every time I put it into a card reader it kept saying it needed formatting. Since it only contained music I wasn't to fussed about formatting.

Try putting your msd card into a PC and run scan disk for errors.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss