Lumia 540 update

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes there are preview builds for your phone but they aren't optimized for daily use.

Not completely true. I did see certain hands-on videos online and they run pretty well. The latest 10586.63 build is pretty stable for daily use. For the best experience rollback 8.1 or hard reset if on 8.1 >> remove SD card and SIM >> install Windows Insider and update to WM10 >> hard reset >> insert microSD and reset microSD >> start using.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Not completely true. I did see certain hands-on videos online and they run pretty well. The latest 10586.63 build is pretty stable for daily use. For the best experience rollback 8.1 or hard reset if on 8.1 >> remove SD card and SIM >> install Windows Insider and update to WM10 >> hard reset >> insert microSD and reset microSD >> start using.
Yeah, sometimes its better to wait until the OS is polished unless you're a noob who prefers the phone must work properly whether they're on preview or stable builds. That's why I refrained to tell OP to use 8.1 until its stable.
I think its better for MS to stop insider builds and continue intensive internal testing to squash known bugs and fix 'em and roll-out to end users. As MS said, w10M is continuously evolving OS and they can introduce new features after few months and eventually restart the insider previews once again. I feel bad, when they continuously release insider builds and in fact there is no conclusion, which features is included and which aren't.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes