Why is there no indication of HOW LONG you have to wait when Windows is updating?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

In previous versions of Windows, when the system was doing an update or configuring the computer or similar actions, there was a ribbon type of bar that moved along giving an indication of how long the process was going to take, that way , if it seemed that it was going to take too long, you could cancel that action until later if we wanted to......NOW, ALL WE HAVE IS A SERIES OF DOTS RUNNING AROUND IN A CIRCLE WITH NO INDICATION OF HOW LONG THIS IS GOING TO TAKE, inevitably it seems to take forever, with no indication of for how long and no way of cancelling or postponing the action.....this usually happens when I am very busy and it is so frustrating just waiting......at least if I knew how long it was going to take, I could decide whether to just sit there for ever, or go and make myself a cup of coffee....... SOME INDICATION OF TIMEFRAME OR PROGRESS would be most helpful....how about it?
Surely it can't be too hard for Microsoft and it would be much easier for the users of Windows 10
Thank you,
Barry Croaker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karyrney