An annoying issue with attaching a video to outlook in Windows 10 mobile.

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Hi guys, wondering is this is a known issue, as I cant seem to find any reference on the net.

Outlook on Windows 10 Mobile crashes when you share a video from a Photos app.
Additionally, in WP8.1, outlook compresses the attachment to 6Mb whilst in WP10 this isn't happening, it just doesn't do anything, tries to send the file and then sends a "Windows Error" no link to Onedrive, nada.
I am on the latest fast ring insider build.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, wondering is this is a known issue, as I cant seem to find any reference on the net.

Outlook on Windows 10 Mobile crashes when you share a video from a Photos app.
Additionally, in WP8.1, outlook compresses the attachment to 6Mb whilst in WP10 this isn't happening, it just doesn't do anything, tries to send the file and then sends a "Windows Error" no link to Onedrive, nada.
I am on the latest fast ring insider build.

One poster did have issues with sending or uploading videos.
Some suggestions I had was to compress video using an app called movie maker 8.1
Another would be to upload to onedrive and get a share link which you can copy and paste in the email. Or share from onedrive if that option exists (I don't know since I never use onedrive on phone but heavily on pc)

Svyatko Huk

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
So much for simplicity.
Can anyone see what is the experience of sharing a 50Mb video via Outlook.
I know there is a restriction on the attachment size, which is fair enough, there always was one, but the fact that you are neither given a warning nor compression dialog is irritating. Knowing my way around the OS I can live with that, but for a regular user, that's a broken feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium