How can I back to Lumia camera from windows/microsoft camera?

levaij

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I have a Lumia 930/icon with the latest wp 10 preview. By every single update brings me worse and worse surprises in camera app. I think I don't need to explain what's the problem if you use it. My question is, how can I use the original Lumia camera app or can I remove the microsoft camera app?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what problems you're facing with the default Windows camera on WM10 but currently Lumia camera 5 does not work with WM10. You can use Lumia Camera Classic or Lumia Camera Beta instead.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Well I am using the Microsoft camera app on my 1520 build 10586.71 and the pictures turn out to be pretty good, quality wise as well as it's fast...your mileage does vary which is completely fine. But for now as I said Lumia Camera Beta and Classic are your only options (outside of camera 360 and other 3rd party apps).

Miro E

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
I was also dissapointed with a camera app o w10 mobile on my lumia 640 xl. What I did was I rolled back to 8.1 and did a hard reset and installed everything fresh like when I bough a phone (I didn't remove anything from SD card, just from phone)...and after that I updated back again to w10 mobile and repeated everything, I did a hard reset and I installed everythig from scratch. I also installed lumia camera app, a USABLE one. It'a a bit slower than camera app that comes with w10 but the pictures are much better. Just be sure to turn off automatic app update in the store because I'm not sure what will happen if lumia camera app get updated...I have an offer in the store to update lumia camera app and windows camera but for now I'm not updating because I'm afraid that lumia camera app will become unusable... :straight: It took me a lot of time to do all of this but it was worth it because I now have better camera app (in my opinnion) and new w10 software... :amaze:
Good luck!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12