I just did a reset on my Dell Venue 8 Pro that had Microsoft Office Home and Student pre-installed when it was purchased. I just updated to Windows 10 and noticed that I no longer have Microsoft Office. When I click on the Office tab, it just gives me an option to try or buy. I'm not sure if there was a code for Office when I purchased the tablet, but I can try to find it. How do I get Office back or did I mess up by installing Windows 10 and simply lose it? Any help is appreciated.
    02-12-2016 12:43 PM
    02-12-2016 01:10 PM
    Download this utility and run the .exe: ProduKey - Recover lost product key (CD-Key) of Windows/MS-Office/SQL Server

Your Office Key should be embedded. Use it to activate the Office already on your system.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    02-12-2016 03:47 PM
    I tried that already and for some reason Microsoft shows that I have never had it. I can't understand it.
    02-12-2016 09:25 PM
    I tried a couple of programs claiming the software would recover my key, but none (including the one above) don't even show Office. I promise, I'm not a complete *****, but I cannot figure out why Office isn't here and why Microsoft shows I've never had it. I've had this tablet almost a year now and Dell won't help either. I'm going to try to find my original box, but I don't ever recall seeing a product key for Office in the packaging or paperwork. Guess I may just have to chalk it up as a loss, but it was one of the reasons I bought the tablet to begin with.
    02-12-2016 09:29 PM
    I just looked back at the thread where I sold my Dell Venue 8 Pro back in December 2014.

There was a key for Office in the documentation. I mentioned it specifically and even took a pic showing part of the label.

dv8p006.jpg
    02-12-2016 10:35 PM