I have bought a surface pro 4 i5 128gb and 4 gigs of ram. I am in year 9, and it has to last me until the end of high school at the least (maybe even college. I want to upgrade my RAM so that my surface pro 4 does not slow down towards the end of high school
    02-14-2016 08:17 PM
    1. You cannot unfortunately. You'd have to get a different class of PC as these types tend to be not very repair-friendly.

2. You don't have to upgrade RAM necessarily. 4 has been enough for a lot of people for years.
    It will not be a speed problem unless you're doing so much at once it causes speed issues. (like using a VM)

Be more worried about keeping Windows healthy (and knowing about sfc /scannow) and the battery.
    I might recommend a different model with a replaceable battery.
    1. You cannot unfortunately. You'd have to get a different class of PC as these types tend to be not very repair-friendly.

2. You don't have to upgrade RAM necessarily. 4 has been enough for a lot of people for years.
    It will not be a speed problem unless you're doing so much at once it causes speed issues. (like using a VM)

Be more worried about keeping Windows healthy (and knowing about sfc /scannow) and the battery.
    I might recommend a different model with a replaceable battery.
    02-14-2016 08:22 PM