I CANT OPEN MP4 FILES ANYMORE (windows10) !!

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

i cant open mp4 files anymore

it says make sure youve typed the name correctly then try again ..... this problem is very anoying

P.S i know nothing about file manegment

W

Windows Central Question

it says make sure youve typed the name correctly then try again ..... this problem is very anoying .. im using a toshiba running windows 10 ... i tryed changing the name to mp3 but i changed to music. it worked fine on windows 8 but since i updated to 10 it has stopped.

someone help

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Threads Merged.

User... Do not create multiple threads on your issue. It actually works against you as any advice gets scattered around and a coherent conversation cannot develop as easily...

In the search box on task bar type in "file default" and click on the "Choose a default app for each type of file" result. Scroll down the list to mp4 and select a default program. I'm using Windows Media Player. YMMV. You may need to install a program to handle mp4 or a codec to enable a program you do have to handle mp4.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread... Please see this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb